Child Shield Initiative (CSI ) is an operational and registered Non-Governmental Organization.
With the goal of addressing the wider gender gap in Girls empowerment and child protection, CSI has continuously sought ways of improving the lives of children especially teenage girls in Nigeria.
Child Shield Initiative provides an intervention that meets the needs of the girl child and children in general especially those from the rural areas. Our specific interventions include Girl Child empowerment both in education, health, skills, gender equality, sensitization on early child marriage, girl child school drop-out, child protection, advocacy and community mobilization.
Child Shield Initiative envisions a place where children will be free from harm, social stigma and abuse. We strive to help them maximise their potentials through the provision of a safe environment.
To shield, educate and empower children and teenage girls on their rights, personal safety techniques and steps they can take in case of a challenge.
- To train children on how to prevent abuse and all negative vices.
- To improve access to Education through provision of educational needs.
- To advocate for a society whereby children have equal rights and opportunities for growth and development.
- To encourage and support children through organising programs that will build them in all areas of life.
- To build strong relationships with organisations that shares our aim, thereby increasing the capacity of children and girls to participate in programs regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disabilities and religion.
- To provide an intervention that meets the needs of the girl child especially those from the rural areas.
Our specific interventions include Girl child empowerment both in education, health, skills, gender equality, sensitisation on child protection, early child marriage, girls school drop-out, advocacy and community mobilisation.
Our Core Values
- Gender Sensitivity
Motto: Shield the Child.